Friday, October 16, 2009

Keeping Memories

This morning, I read my Choices and came across this: Victoria Bliss. If I had a daughter that would be the perfect stripper name. Anyways, the image struck me. What items would be important and special? Phantasms surround me now. Writhing and slipping around my grey matter begging to be formed.
~
Oddly, yesterday.. after the decision to leave the second launching pad and in the middle of explaining my dissatisfaction with the way some gallery directors were wishy-washy, I opened my email to find this:

3. More Moderators needed!

We are in need of more moderators, since Elfwood is in constant growth.

We're currently looking for moderators for all the areas.

Requirements:

- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have a published account, preferably been published for a
few months.
- You must have a good record, meaning no major rejections in the past
year, for example for copying or repeated rejections.
- You must be willing to give at least 1-2 hours a week to moderating.
- You must have a good understanding of the rules.

If you have the requirements, then please proceed in reading the rest
and volunteer.

You're welcome to volunteer for more than 1 area. We will put up a
note when we have enough volunteers, and all that have volunteered
will hear back from us, but it might take a little while, so please be
patient.

For FanQuarter: We prefer volunteers that are familiar with a number
of anime and/or American comics. We are currently looking for
volunteers who know their American comics like Marvel and others, but
we also need people who know their Dragon Ball, Inuyasha, Yu-Gi-Oh,
Fushigi Yuugi, Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto, Gundam, Hellsing,
Sailor Moon and others.

To contact us please go to the Contact page and choose "Volunteering"
from the drop-down box and make sure you put which area or areas you
are volunteering for in the subject line, like "FanQuarter mod",
"Wyverns mod" or "SF&F mod". If you want to volunteer for more than 1
area, just list them both like "FanQuarter and SF&F mod".


Elfwood! The first launchpad! The site that encouraged me to keep going, who awarded me a Moderator's Choice on several images, mostly of Max because the moderators admitted they adored him. I kept going once I knew people liked him. I did. And then I became frustrated with the moderation system that didn't allow me to categorize him correctly. Images were rejected for not being fantasy enough. DeviantArt allowed me to upload with whatever I wanted. So I was there. And now I realize the importance of moderating what goes where, or else you wind up with a website full of garbage and cell-phone photos, cat macros and sprite comics. Double standards when it came to categories. Wade through that? No thank you.

I went to Elfwood and applied. 2 hours a week? I have more time than that to give. Granted the times of Elfwood being a largely preferred site to host your art and socialize on are long gone, but.. coincidence?



No comments:

Post a Comment